At Gorgeous Gift Ideas Ltd (GGI), we know that privacy and security is a big deal. So, we want to share with you how your personal information is collected, used, and shared when you visit or make a purchase from gorgeousgiftideas.co.uk (the “Site”).
At Gorgeous Gift Ideas we will only collect, use and store your personal data for specific purposes, but please feel free to drop us a note at email@example.com any time should you have any privacy questions.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you (a customer) register to purchase, or attempt to make a purchase through the Site we collect certain information from you, things like your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit and debit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
When you (a seller) register to sell products through the Site, we collect certain information from you, things like your name, address, email address, phone number and your bank account details. We refer to this information as “Seller Registration Information”.
If you (a customer or seller) choose to use our date reminder service, we ask for information about you and your friends and family; things like, your name, your email address, their name, their birthday, their anniversary and any other special occasions you may wish to enter. We refer to this information as “Reminder Information”.
From time to time we may also purchase Marketing Data and/or Lists which may contain your Personal Information (not credit or debit card details), for use in targeted Marketing Campaigns.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). If you have ordered with one of our sellers, then we will pass on details of your order to our sellers (but not your payment details), so they can supply your chosen goods and services. Both ourselves (GGI) and our sellers may use third parties to process and deliver your orders to you.
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Analysis to ensure our business stays relevant to you eg marketing campaign analysis, customer analysis, customer product preferences and shopping habits.
- Letting you know about offers and news from gorgeousgiftideas.co.uk
- We may share your name and email address with companies in order to advertise and market our products and services to you through other sources (e.g. Facebook). For more information about the use of data by Facebook, please click on the following link: https://www.facebook.com/ads/about. You may object to receiving advertising through this tool via your Facebook settings.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Additionally, we use the Device Information for Advertising/Retargeting purposes, to enable GGI to send you information on products and services you may be interested in.
We use the Seller Information that we collect to enable GGI to pass on any orders to you (the Seller) received on behalf of the Seller, to enable fulfilment of the order.
We use the Reminder Information that we collect to fulfil our date reminder service.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store and other App companies to power certain functions on the Site. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Additionally, we may share some of your Personal Information to:
- Third party service providers to support our business operations including advertising and marketing support, financial support and technology services.
- External research companies for your opinions.
- Fulfil your order using third party shipping services.
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
Your personal information is stored on a secure server and all personal data is anonymised and encrypted. Any sensitively stored information is also encrypted.
We do not store or process your personal data and card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via one of our third-party service providers.
Please remember that the Internet is not 100% secure in terms of communication, therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
STORING YOUR DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD DETAILS
If you have asked us to store your credit or debit card details, then they will automatically appear when you go to check out. For added security of your details we also:
- hide some of your card details on the checkout page. Only the last four digits of your credit or debit card number, and your address will be visible to you on the Checkout page. Of course, we use all of your credit or debit card information to process your order but we do not display this information on the Checkout age in order to ensure that no-one can accidentally see it.
- You will be sent a 6 digit authorisation code to input at check out for additional security
OUR SELLERS’ PRIVACY POLICIES
We are not responsible and do not warrant or guarantee that the privacy policies, of our sellers or other companies that we may pass your personal information to comply with data protection legislation.
Please note that in order for our website to work at its best, Cookies are required to be turned on. By visiting the Site with your browser settings adjusted to allow Cookies, you are consenting to gorgeousgiftideas.co.uk using cookies for the purposes outlined above.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org